Investment Services

Educate your Children



As a parent you want the best for your children, which usually includes the hope that they will pursue higher education. Whether your child is continuing a family legacy at university or is the first in the family to attend a post-secondary institution, earning a degree is a big deal. And it comes with a big price tag. Registered Education Savings Plans (RESPs) are designed to help you save for your child or grandchild’s education. This type of savings account is registered with the Government of Canada, and offers special saving incentives. What makes RESPs attractive is the Canada Education Savings Grant, which is equal to 20% of the annual contributions you make up to a lifetime maximum of $7,200. If you have children, we can help you set up an RESP, maximize the Canada Education Savings Grant and figure out a withdrawal schedule that works for you and your child’s situation.